Saturday 18 October 2008

Holy Long John Silver, Batman! She's still knitting!

Unbelievable, I know! My migraines seems to have quiet down a little bit, so I can feel better, knit, read and play more, and then come and post about it here.
Ok, so my knitting time has been severely reduced by Olympos (book) and Lego Batman (for the Wii).

This is my foot modelling Alex's sock. You might remember I had trouble starting up this pattern. I ended up settling for a modified version of the Glob Trotter Socks. I adapted them for my gauge, and made the ribbing over a 4 stitches pattern, instead of 5. They are looking simple, as Alex's wanted them, but the seed stitch ribbing is keeping me entertained.

IMG_5851


As well as the sock, I've been working on my Healing Jacket Take 2. I think I will have to frog the first one, but for now I don't need to worry about that. I've been working on this one during the worst of the migraines, which I thought was quite fitting. I've finished the waist decreases already, and I'm about to start the waist increases. The pattern, Knitty's Emerald, has also been modified to take my gauge, so I'm knitting and exciting combination of the sizes M and 2X.
IMG_5853


I am quite happy with how it's turning out, especially with the tubular cast-on edge. It does look quite professional!
Ribbing

Ok, that might not be the bestest picture of the cast-on edge ever, but hopefully you will get the idea.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you find a solution for the migraines.

    The knitting looks lovely! I've never done a tubular cast on and it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tubular cast on looks really good! Must try that sometime :)

    ReplyDelete