Saturday 9 August 2008

Alone == knitting

IMG_5562


Alex left on Thursday for a week for work, so I'm alone until next Thursday. With the weather we are having, I really don't envy him, as he has to be outdoors most of the time.
Being alone is an interesting experience. I like being away from him occasionally, but it's really odd to not have him here at all. I miss him, especially when I go to bed.
On the plus side, I have got lots and lots of knitting done.

My sizzle is coming out well. I am past the beginning of the armholes in the back, and it's looking decidedly red.

IMG_5562


I have also swatched for the Capelet I'm going to wear at my cousin's wedding. Just in case I haven't said it enough times, I really don't care about this wedding, but going is better than the alternatives, so at least I'm knitting all my accessories. The swatch is really not very interesting, but hopefully it will look more exciting when I have started the actual capelet.

IMG_5557

2 comments:

  1. enjoy the alone time, missing is good, knitting while you're missing is even better ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm alone so much I can't imagine any other way! But I'm glad you're getting lots of knitting time!

    Weddings are such iffy things - I've attended and worked at so many I think I've pretty much seen 'em all. The good, the bad and the ugly! Are you in the wedding party, or just going to the wedding?

    ReplyDelete