Saturday 2 August 2008

Lace camisole and Möbius (FOs)

IMG_5518


Technical details
Ravelry project page
Pattern: Lace nightie (rav), by Carrie Bostick Hoge
Yarn: Rowan Luxury Cotton DK, in Marble
Needles: 4.00 circulars, 3.5 straights for the straps.
Notes: I wanted a summery lace camisole, and this fits the bill. I wasn't too sure until I saw someone else's in ravelry in which they had knit the back much higher, and it convinced me.
I knitted the straps with 3.5 mm straights (so as to have a tighter fabric that would stretch left) in a RS: p1, k2, p1; WS: k1, p2, k1.

I have, in fact, worn this out today, and it's been a great t-shirt! I might need to make the straps be a bit shorter, but I have really enjoyed it.

IMG_5520 IMG_5514

Detail:
IMG_5503





IMG_5494 IMG_5496


Technical details
Ravelry project page
Pattern: Prickle (rav), by Huan-Hua Chye
Yarn: Rowan Calmer, in Slosh (blue)
Needles: 6.0 mm circulars
Notes: Used Cat Bhordi's mobius cast-on, thanks to the power of Youtube: part 1 and part 2. Nonetheless, I still had to do it three times! Once I got the hang of it, though, the pattern worked very well. It was easy to memorise each row, so I didn't need to look at the charts for 160 stitches, which is quite a lot.

I have been wearing this to work, because my throat has been a bit funny, and it's been great to have. A good twist (hehe) on a neck warmer!

IMG_5524 IMG_5522

Look, it also dubs as a headband!
IMG_5531 IMG_5530

3 comments:

  1. I just saw your new FO's on Ravelry and I'm completely stunned by your talent! really... I'm jealous of the beautiful things you make...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of those are great! The camisole is fabulous and bet it'll look good as a tank to layer over too.

    Kudos on mastering the mobius cast-on, anything Cat Bordhi creates just makes my head go 'splodey.

    ReplyDelete