Monday 28 July 2008

Yarn!

Hoooooot! Today was hot and humid and waiting for a storm.
The storm started about 4 or so, and quieted just when I went home. However, it didn't rain enough to cool down, just to get steam coming off the pavement (this might be and exaggeration) and make it even more humid. One of the most un-fun journeys I've had in a while.

It is raining quite a lot now, and it's considerably cooler and nicer, so I do feel again like dealing with yarn. Get Knitted was doing a sale on Rowan Classic, as they are not going to have it any more, and I went and took full advantage of that.

I don't normally stash, so all my yarn is going to planned projects. It was expensive to get it all in one go, but at least now I won't have to buy more yarn for a while, and it was much cheaper than it could have been.

Explained yarn


Future projects are:
Emerald (rav)
Sizzle (rav)
Afternoon tea fingerless gloves (rav)
Assorted projects are like the knitted flower (rav), to for some accessories for my cousin's wedding (to which I really don't want to go, so at least I'll get some nice knitting out of it).

The blue cotton glace is to make a Tachikoma, as I have just finished watching Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. There is no known pattern for a tachikoma, though, so I'll free-crochet it, and then post a pattern. Tachikomas are sooooo cute, people will want to make them!

I also have 1 FO (the möbius cowl) and three nearly-FOs (the lacy summer tee, the black knitted flower, and the dice bag), hence my stocking up on yarn for new projects. I have also figured on what to use the yarn from my crap attempt (via which I learned that gauge *does* matter) at Isabella: Bottoms Up!

5 comments:

  1. looks like a fine shopping spree and some gorgeous patterns to be made!
    have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll definitely want to make a tachikoma!!!! I love ghost in the shell (haven't seen stand alone complex yet though?)

    That yarn looks like it goes really well with the projects you've picked for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your post on ravelry and wanted to see your blog. I like the 'posts of the week' feature. It adds a lot of interesting info to your blog in a small space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice haul! I'm jealous... although I need not buy yarn right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of yummy yarn on that rug! BTW, I'm tagging you. Check out my blog for further instructions if you'd like to play blog-tag!

    ReplyDelete