Tuesday 1 July 2008

Three Works-In-Progress

This Sunday, just before watching Doctor Who (is it can be Saturday nao, plees? Need to know how it continues!), I bound off the body of the Summer Lace tee. It is still a way from done, especially as I still need to figure out how to do the straps. I don't want i-cord, but I don't know how to knit them, or whether to use ribbon.

IMG_5419


I took some pictures yesterday, and let me tell you, it is remarkably difficult to take pictures of your own back!
back_montage

You can see held in red the stitches that might held the straps, although there is no equivalent in the back. I figures I could always bound them off if I didn't use them, and I want the straps to go where my bra straps are, so I couldn't to the back just yet.
IMG_5414 IMG_5413


I have been making much progress with the Dice bag, and I am nearly about to start the decreases. Yesterday I bought one more ball of yarn, as I had run out of it. It is taking a lot more yarn than previously advertised!
IMG_5432

I can only work on it two or three rounds at a time, because it's wool, so I've been knitting it in the bus, as that's only 20 min each way. The rounds are eternal, though. 160 stitches are a lot of stitches!

Finally, I started something little for me, the Basic Human bag. I don't always feel human. Sometimes I resemble more a panda, or a zombie, or the grinch. This will be my emergency bag for those days, rather than having everything floating about in my bag, getting lost, opened and bashed.
IMG_5429

The basic human bag will contain: concealer, vaselin, nail clipper, migraine stick, painkillers and allergy meds. Possibly some blush, for the corpse-like days, but I need to find a really small one to fit the bag.
I'm using a pattern from Last minute knitted gits, albeit a bit smaller, and using leftover yarn from the Clapotis. It should be quick, and I can start using it soon, because I really need it! Things end up all over my bag and I can never find them.

2 comments:

  1. I love the top!!!!!!
    and also the idea of a Basic Human bag, for days like that...
    you're doing great on the knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I love your description of the Basic Human Bag. Some days we just have to put it on from the outside, don't we? :-)

    ReplyDelete