Wednesday 16 July 2008

Black necklace (FO)

I have not been very good at the blogging business lately, have I?
I have some mild excuses lined up, like I had a friend over this weekend, and it was really nice but really tiring, and I barely got resting time, let alone knitting time!
But on Monday and Tuesday, I got out the hooks and, while Alex played on the PS2 (StarOcean), I wipped out a FO! *giggles at the pun*

IMG_5459


I had to relearn how to do a double crochet, and struggled a bit with the small circles until I got the hang of it again, but today I have worn my new necklace to work! When I tried to put it together yesterday there was some amount of fail on my part, as I still sew in the button wrong despite having double checked, but I managed to make it better, despite feeling depressed (this involved a two hour nap in the middle of the evening).
IMG_5461


I had a bit of trouble this morning finding something to wear that would leave most of my neckline open to show off the necklace, but I think it worked. It looks really nice, and I might make some more jewlery out of yarn!
IMG_5455


Technical details
Ravelry project page
Pattern: Ponte Vecchio, from Barroco
Yarn: Rowan Cotton Glace, in black
Hook: 3.5 mm
Technical notes: Really quick and easy crochet, very easy to memorise as well (I did the three small circles on the bus, from memory). It looks very elegant, especially in black, and it looks steampunk to me, so I can pretent I am in that kind of setting! A, will knit again.

Incidentally, this is my 101 post!

1 comment:

  1. wow, it looks WONDERFUL on you!!!!!!!!!
    you always have the best ideas... and you look beautiful, with the black top and necklace, you're a beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete