Thursday 10 July 2008

Basic Human Bag (FO) (plus a little extra!)

I don’t always feel human. Sometimes I resemble more a panda, or a zombie, or the grinch. This will be my emergency bag for those days, rather than having everything floating about in my bag, getting lost, opened and bashed. Hence the Basic Human Bag. Fake it, baby!

I finished the bag on Sunday, and I have been using it this week. I really like it! All my "beauty" stuff is now together and easy to find. And, when I need to take it to the bathroom with me, I can just grab the bag by the i-cord and dangle it on my way there, rather than attempt to take whatever it is discretely.


IMG_5438IMG_5435


These are the contents of my bag. The little blush pot also contains a mirror, and I plan to put in as well painkillers and allergy meds.
IMG_5440


Technical notes
Ravelry project page
Pattern: Soft Drawstring Pouch, by Joelle Hoverson, from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts
Yarn: Cathay (Debbie Bliss) in Grey, which appears to be discontinued, approx 60 meters.
Needles: 3.75 mm (dpns)
Technical notes: I only cast on 60 stitches instead of 90 for the small size, as I didn't need it that big. Knitted until everything fit! I was planning to graft the bottom, but apparently I cannot graft to safe my life. After 3 attempts this Sunday at my Stitch'n'Bitch, I gave up and did a 3-needle bind-off. I alternated knitting and purling stitches, ending which a slightly ziggy end that I think looks very pretty!


IMG_5442IMG_5444



Extra, extra!
Finished knitting my boyfriend's dice bag, now it's just waiting to be felted. It's huge! Look, I can use it as a hat!
IMG_5449


I iz hidden!
IMG_5450

No comments:

Post a Comment