The reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated, but only by a bit :)
I've been down for the last two weeks with the eeeeebil cold from hell, so everything has been very quiet. It[s not been swine flu at least, and it's not gone down to my lungs. I am nearly cleared from it now, just in time to go back to work tomorrow...
I had intended to skip Q in the abc-along, but then dinner yesterday came to my rescue, and I finally have the energy to write something coherent, take pictures and prepare them, even if it's a bit late. Mmmm, food. So there is another recipe for you. I have a feeling S will be another recipe, so stay tuned!
Q is for Quick Chicken
- Halve a chicken breast per person and slather it with pesto.
- Wrap a slice of unsmoked back bacon around each piece and put in an oven tray.
- Add a splash of olive oil, a splash of balsamic vinegar and plenty of cherry tomatoes.
- Bake in the oven (about 30 min at 200C (fan), or until the chicken is done)
- Eat! (with some pasta or couscous)
It's really easy food to make, and I find it ideal for entertaining people. The preparation is really simple and quick, and the end result looks quite fancy.