- Dragony glove is awesome. You see, it was going to be a spring mitten, but the green turned into dragon-green, and the lacy diamond turned into scales, so they mittens turned out to be dragons. The lace has been moderately easy, for being my first lace project (yes, it doesn't have much lace, I know), although I still had to undo a couple of rows when I lost yarn overs. But I'm very happy with how they are turning out. I finished the body of one, but I need to undo the cast off edge and redo it with bigger needles, as otherwise is too tight and it barely lets me move my fingers. There are pictures but, as the post says, you'll just have to imagine them.
- Yesterday I finished the tummy piece of my Healing Cardigan. It's been fairly dull, because there wasn't much to it, but now I have almost half the cardi done! I picked up the body stitches and took some pictures. But you have to imagine those too.
- I bought some yarn yesterday to finally knit the teddy balaclava for Jonathan (who, incidentally, will be coming home this weekend). I measured his teddy last weekend and noted his requests, so I can start any time soon. I also bought some Anchor cotton in variegated red, to knit some dragony or snakey bracelets.
- It was Picocon, and it was awesome. There was a new finished Dalek, there was DoDM, in which Alex destroyed a snitch, and then put the wings on my hat (there are pictures of these, but...). Paul Cornell was full of random and awesome, and the silly games were fun. The turkey reading was horrible, as it should be, and the quiz was difficult, even for the beardies. And we bought books!
Shockingly and surprisingly, a fish duel happened. Again. I mean, people... ;) And to that I can provide a link!
There were two other girls knitting during Picocon, and we all knitted during the talks. I chatted to one of them, and we geeked about patterns and yarn for a while.
Alex got rather drunk and was a bit unwieldy, but still manageable. We had dinner with Oli and some of his friends, until Alex fell asleep during Space Munchkin and we went back to the hotel.
- Alex and I had some arguments on Thursday and Friday about my inability to contact people, etc. So, on Friday, before leaving for London, I sent an email to Elena, whose emails and phone calls for my birthday I had been ignoring. He helped me write it, and then I translated it to Spanish. Alex spent Saturday still upset, but he was fine on Sunday, and we were cute again.
- Elena answered and was very happy to have received my email. She was very impressed with my knitting, which she had never seen, and might just let me knit something for her :) Anything for my "sister".
I then talked to her on Wednesday, which was incredibly difficult and made me panic. She had been the last person to phone me, so my phone decided to ring her. Twelve times. While I was coming back from the shop with clinking bottles. So she got worried and tried to phone me. And my handbag kept picking up the phone. I finally heard some voices coming from my handbag, so I had to pick it up. It was sooooo scary! I wasn't ready, but I managed, but I spend a couple of hours shaken after that. It was very nice to talk to her, and it was only a little chat, but it felt nice. I confirmed that I was well, but ill, and that I loved her, and she wasn't upset at me at all for not answering. Yey!
- I keep forgetting to do my breathing exercises, which is not good. And I should do some sport, at least some sit-ups, because my tummy is getting fat :(
- One of my friends is not feeling very well at all lately. If you have nothing better to do, go give morganmagic some love, she is in need in some hugs and she deserves them.
- Someome has brought fries to the office. They smell nice and they are not sharing :(