Tuesday 13 January 2009

Foot update: still broken! :(

So, when people have been asking me how was my foot, and I was answering either still attached or still broken, I was right!

I had a follow-up appointment today. My foot is mostly ok , but the bone has not finished joining, and it shoudl have by now. Even I could tell the bone wasn't completely closed from my x-ray.
I will keep with my boot and my crutch to see how it goes, and I have another appointment in 6 weeks. However, if it hasn't finished healing by then, I'll need an operation to put a screw in the bone, which sounds quite a lot unlike fun. I'm not being very lucky! At least, things seem to be going all right in other areas, so I can't complain too much.

6 comments:

  1. ouch! Broken bones are no fun. I'm sending good, healing thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, sorry to hear that! I'm sure the boot & crutch have gotten old by now. Hoping for better news in 6 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yuk, sounds unlike fun indeed!
    I hope it still heals in time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh joy. I hope it does heal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ack-sorry that you didn't have better news, but I'll bet it will be all healed by the next time you go to the dr. hugs! ckk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear about your foot! I hope you don't need that operation, it sounds scary!

    ReplyDelete