Sunday 13 January 2008

Hat and gloves

And finally, I have got around to get some pictures of my long-finished objects: the Cherry Pie Fetchings and the Peasant Cap.
I have been using them for a while, and very successfully. Well, mostly. I have now learned that soy stretches. No, more than that. More. My fetchings have therefore stretched out a little bit, especially around the cables of the palm. I might knit them again next winter (I actually bought some extra soy because it's pretty, and so I can reknit them), but for now they are working rather well.
The Peasant cap took a bit longer to get to grips with, and much trying it on and resewing the back, but now I really like it. It slouches back and covers my ponytail, especially when my hair is wet, which was its purpose. I was under the impression a normal hat would make me look ugly, but this is a lot more airy and differently shaped, so it suits me fairly well.

And now, without further ado, the pictures!

Peasant cap (back)

Peasant cap (side)

Peasant cap (front)

Fetchings (back, cut)

Fetchings (palm, cut)

No comments:

Post a Comment