Monday 16 June 2008

Green Tea (FO)

Green tea lace detail


Hurrah, my Green Tea is done! I actually finished it on Sunday the 8th, but I only got around to weave in the ends and block in last Friday. I wore it today to work, and I really like it. I am also very glad I managed to get pictures in the sun today, it photographs a much nicer colour than when it's less sunny (although excuse my squinting face). Teh boyfriend complained it was not very form fitting, but it is just a comfy T-shirt, and I like it the way it is. What do you think?:


IMG_5387IMG_5391


Technical details
Ravelry project page
Pattern: Green Gable, by Zephyr Style.
Yarn: Rowan Luxury Cotton, in Cabbage (SH265)
Needles: 4.00 mm circulars and dpns, 3.5 mm dpns for edgins
Notes: I like this t-shirt. The lace pattern is simple and gives it a nice edge. I didn't get two circular needles, as the pattern said, but started to knit from the neck in dpns, and then moved to circulars when I had increased enough times to be able to put the knittin in mine. I think I messed up the first row to stabilise the neck, so it rolls a bit, but it is not too bad.
I had to undo the waist decreases about 3 or so times, until I got the tapering for my waist right.
Because the way my shoulders are built, the neck sits a bit high on my neck, but it is not too bad. It has the advantage of showing a little bit of back, so at least that looks nice.

I used 6 balls of yarn for it. This is how much I had left at the end:
IMG_5377

I barely didn't make it!

6 comments:

  1. wow, it looks marvelous!!!! I love it (and I don't even like green normally)! I want one! (but no knitting here)
    you look great in it, you're a beautiful young woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boyfriends often complain about things not being form-fitting... wow, that was a close call with the yarn. You look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yipes! You had to frog your swatch? That is scary close! I'm sure the b-friend would prefer that you wear things plastered on - but that top looks quite nice. Excellent job! And I actually like the look of a higher neckline in the front and lower in the back, so even better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks great on you, it's the perfect colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful - I love the details around the neckline. Great job! ckk

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks great, what a nice shade of green!

    ReplyDelete