Sunday 30 March 2008

In which illnesses, albeit physical, yield something productive

I was ill on Friday. Physically ill, as opposed to normal ill, and properly ill, as opposed to almost but not quite. I spent the night being sick, and then in the morning decided to call in sick at work. I slept until past 11, which made me feel a lot better, although my tummy was a bit upset all day. As a result, I spent most of the day curled up in the sofa, sipping some ginger tea (ginger is good for upset tummies), knitting and watching Buffy. It would have been much nicer if I hadn't been ill, but it wasn't too bad. And, the day was productive!

Before Friday, I only had the cuff of the sleeves of my cardi. Now I have nearly one entire sleeve! I toyed with the idea of knitting both sleeves at the same time, but having the two on the same set of circulars proved much too complicated for me, so I got my dpns out and will knit them in the round.
This is my current progress of the sleeve:

Healing cardigan sleeve 1



Can you see the stitch markers? I put them as I knit every 10 stiches, and then to mark the start and end of the increase section, so I count more easily, with the aim of making an identical second sleeve (note to self: 74 rows before the start of the increase section).
I made those stitch markers, which I was curling up in the sofa. Using earring clips, some black yarn, and buttons and big "beads" from a bracelet I got as a present (I would never wear that bracelet, so I figured I could at least reuse the beads for something I would use).
Stitch marker
Stitch marker


I am very happy with the way they turned out, and plan to make more stitch markers! They are very simple and simplistic, I know, but they are mine, and I like them.

2 comments:

  1. they are lovely! and so is your knitting of course...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to find a babysitter before I can curl up on the couch with my knitting - would you like to have a girly guest?

    ReplyDelete